Friday, February 6, 2009

Coleman Vs. Franken - Spin And Revalations

Saint Paul, Minnesota - February 6, 2009

I apologize for the shaky start to the video segment, I was setting up the camera and out popped a Senator. At any rate this is Mr. Coleman and his Attorney commenting after it was revealed that some heretofore unknown ballots had been found in Anoka. With the potential of a three vote swing, Senator Coleman seized the opportunity to highlight the positive.

Filmed on location at the Minnesota Supreme Court.

Short Interview with Senator Coleman

I ran into Senator Coleman during a court recess. He happened to be buying a pop from the vending machine near the Press area. I asked him how he was holding up and what he thought of the process so far. Sen. Coleman said he was doing fine and that he thought the process taking place was something the people of Minnesota wanted. He added "The process here will insure that every vote will be counted and that whoever wins the race, I'll be happy with that result. If they get it right, great, great then everyone will be happy. Assuming they look at all the ballots what is there to complain about?"

I asked him how he felt about the fact that Minnesotan's were only being represented by one Senator as long as the trial continues? "I think the people of Minnesota want to see a fair process here and know that their votes were counted. I've been listening to people who are angry that thier votes weren't counted and we need to weigh that." he said.

When I asked about his politcal future, the Senator was a little more uncertain. "Look, I've been in this business thirty years, who knows right, we'll just have to wait and see." he said. I asked if he'd seen the article in the City Pages asking him to step aside. He smiled politely and said "I don't read the City Pages."